Within its tenure, STA has provided Tax Planning Services to numerous clients in the wholesale industry involving a tremendous variety of consumer and industrial products. STA has been engaged for Tax Planning services from small distributors to large wholesalers. Their practical experience enables them to address the tax and asset protection issues experienced by wholesalers and distributors. In particular, STA’s services for wholesale distributors include these considerations:
- Inventory analysis and reporting
- Analysis of beneficial tax provisions for exports
- Accounting methodologies for purchase discounts
- Methods of depreciation for business assets
- Identification of state sales/use and income tax filing requirements ("nexus" studies)
During the Strategic Tax Planning process, the STA professionals perform due diligence to assure its wholesaler clients they are not paying more than their fair share of taxes, meanwhile ensuring the business and personal assets are shielded from potential liability.